Options now available for private and federal student loans
Colorado Technical University
At A Glance
Colorado Technical University is a accredited for-profit college with both online courses and physical locations in CO, offering Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Their parent company, Career Education Corp., has recently paid out $10M in a settlement concerning allegations of falsified job placement practices, and deceiving students about accreditation.
While enjoying a wealth of students from around the country, Colorado Technical University has also come under nationwide scrutiny for a series of complaints, lawsuits, and fraud reports that include alleged incidents of the following:
- Refusal of access to transcripts
- Fabricated charges in excess of $4k, with no available contact for recourse or appeal.
- Deception with regard to career potentials and job placement programs.
- Circular bureaucratic transfer being used to deter students from resolving false charges.
- Students receiving poor or no customer service.
- Failed promises of guidance from ”career coaches”.
- Deceptive recruiting tactics, misrepresent of job placement rates and have high rates of student loan default and student withdrawal.
- Student debts being sold to multiple collection agencies.
- Abuse of US veterans and VA loan programs.
- Predatory sales practices.
Pioneers in resolving student debt
Some tech startups, like GoodbyeLoans.com, work to assist students who’ve had experiences like these at for-profit colleges, like Colorado Technical University, with their federal and private student loans. “We understand exactly how hard it can be to cope with looming debts in the face of a struggling economy, and we’ve taken the time to thoroughly examine the systemic options of optimized repayment and/or loan forgiveness, so that you can take the shortest path to moving forward. This is by no means an intention to slander or defame universities like Colorado Technical University in any way. There are enough credible sources that we felt prompted to take action and offer our insights to any student faced with overwhelming debt or institutional injustice.”
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Student loan debt has reached an all-time high, and according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the total amounts to around $1.4 trillion. Goodbye Loans can help determine if you qualify for the student loan forgiveness as a result of the lawsuit against Colorado Technical University.
Goodbye Loans matches thousands of graduates with federal programs that are offered by The Department of Education to consolidate and lower their current Federal student loans. We help you take advantage of the latest regulations put in place by Congress and President Obama and potentially save thousands of dollars. Debt is hard to ignore. When you’re staring down a ballooning credit card balance and fending off insistent phone calls from angry creditors, it can be an all-consuming enemy.